Now you can wash your dishes in the kitchen, lounge in your bedroom, or enjoy a relaxing meal on the back patio while listening to the music of your choice, without having to use another device to stream. As long as you pair your Amazon Echo Dot with Bluetooth-enabled speakers, you’re good to go.
Here’s how to pair any Echo with Bluetooth Speakers:
1. Turn on the Bluetooth speaker.
2. Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or go to alexa.amazon.com and click the Settings link in the menu bar.
3. In Devices, select the Echo device you want to use with the speakers.
4. Select Bluetooth and Pair A New Device and wait for the Bluetooth speakers to appear on the list of available devices (your Echo will automatically start searching for available Bluetooth devices that are in-range).
5. Give Alexa a command, like “Alexa, play music from my ‘Relaxed Mood’ playlist.” The music should start coming out of the Bluetooth speakers.
And that’s it.
Now you have Alexa at your command in any room that is within Bluetooth range. You will find your Echo is much more user-friendly regardless of where you are in your home. And if you ever want Alexa to stop streaming through the speakers, it’s easy; either turn the Bluetooth speakers off, or return to the Bluetooth settings and select disconnect. Alexa is as helpful and accommodating as ever!
Click here to see compatible bluetooth speakers available now on Amazon.